© The Financial Times Limited 2022
- Scottish recycling scheme ignites fresh constitutional spat with Westminster May 27, 2023Drinks industry says Edinburgh’s deposit return programme is impractical
- The patronage network behind Erdoğan’s bid for third decade in power May 27, 2023A sprawling system of influence and state largesse helps to explain the Turkish president’s popularity with voters
- Illumina accused by Brussels of ‘delay tactics’ on Grail divestiture May 27, 2023World’s biggest gene sequencing company rejects EU’s fast- track application
- Putin’s Potemkin economy May 27, 2023Misleading or suppressed official figures make it hard to assess Russia’s wartime economic record but strains are evident
- Hot property: five homes for sale in Munich May 27, 2023From a house with three outdoor terraces and a koi pond to a penthouse five minutes’ walk from Englischer Garten
- Roderick Williams embraces Aldeburgh’s sense of adventure May 27, 2023The baritone and composer remembers performing on a coffin at the 2002 festival and is keen to push more boundaries this summer
- ‘War over water’: drought battle reaches luxury pools of southern France May 27, 2023Warming climate prompts ban on construction of new homes and swimming pools in hilltop Provence villages
- Record migration is just one more broken promise riling Essex towns May 27, 2023Attitudes have softened since Thurrock was one of the UK’s top Brexit-supporting districts
- UK fishing industry gets green light to hire more overseas workers May 26, 2023The sector is struggling with labour shortages and post-Brexit export regulations
- Sanctions-hit Russian oligarch wins rare legal battle over property searches May 26, 2023German court says searches carried out at Alisher Usmanov’s properties last year were unlawful
BBC Business News
- Kevin McCarthy confident of US debt ceiling deal by 5 June deadline May 27, 2023With an extended deadline, talks on a deal to avoid a US default appear to drag on in Washington.
- Post Office used racist terms for sub-postmasters in official guidance May 27, 2023A document shows racist language was used to describe sub-postmasters being wrongly investigated.
- British Airways cancels dozens of Heathrow flights after IT problem May 26, 2023Thousands of people have had their plans upended as disruption at Heathrow continues for a second day.
- Neuralink: Elon Musk's brain chip firm wins US approval for human study May 26, 2023The billionaire's Neuralink implant company wants to help restore people's vision and mobility.
- Sainsbury’s boss: We are not profiting from high prices May 26, 2023Supermarkets have been accused of "greedflation" - putting prices up to bolster profits.
- Mortgage rates rise after inflation surprise May 26, 2023The increase in mortgage costs come as markets digest higher than expected inflation figures.
- Ovo Energy customers hit with 'horror' bills of up to £116k May 26, 2023A number of customers claim their usage has been miscalculated by the energy giant.
- ChatGPT-maker U-turns on threat to leave EU over AI law May 26, 2023OpenAI's Sam Altman previously said if it fails to comply with the forthcoming AI Act, it might exit the EU.